Yo, I don’t know about you but summertime is making me second guess how ready for summer I am. I’m about 73% sure I had the motto of, “fitness whole pizza in my mouth” rather than, “I’m all about that fitness.”
But, that’s besides the point because honestly working out is like only 30% of the battle… the other 70% is what you
(the picture won’t do the drink justice, So i opted for the GIF)
Blueberry Muffin Smoothie (via: iowagirleats.com)
directions: add ingredients listed below in order, then blend until very smooth (about 2 minutes)
- ½ cup milk
- 4-6 oz. vanilla Greek Yogurt
- ½ cup Frozen Blueberries
- ½ cup Frozen banana (or a whole one, if you like a sweeter smoothie)
- ¼ cup raw, uncooked GF oats (gluten free)
- ½ cup ice cubes
Honestly, I am a girl that can’t eat a heavy breakfast because I’m usually on the go and need something that will give me energy to push through, and smoothies always knock it out of the park!
Lunch time! (via: gimmedelicious.com)
**If you do not have grilled chicken on hand, grill or sear 2 chicken breasts for 10 minutes then slice into thin strips**
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- ½ cup Mexican cheese blend (or mozzarella)
- 1 avocado diced (or skip this is allergic!)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 4 large tortillas
- 1 tablespoon oil
- mix: chicken, cheese, cilantro, and diced avocado
- lay tortilla flat on a plate and add ¼ of the mixture, form a roll. repeat this process for the rest of the tortillas
- pour the tablespoon of oil into a heated pan or griddle. place all four tortillas on the pan and cook for 2 minutes on medium-high heat. FLIP. and cook for another 2 minutes or until the burritos are a golden color.
**Burritos can be frozen cooked or uncooked for up to 3 months**
After lunch is over and the sun begins to set, I personally like to go on a run and end the night with some chicken and Broccoli.
- 1 ¼ cup of freshly cut broccoli
- 1 tablespoon of Kerry Gold Butter
- 1 Chicken breast / 1 tablespoon of raspberry salad dressing (yum)
- Uncle bens minute rice (brown rice)
- grill or sear chicken breast for 10 minutes, if you don’t have any readily available
- steam your broccoli however you like, I’m in college and choose the frozen packages that I can toss in the microwave and then split my servings
- Follow instructions of the Uncle Ben’s minute rice, ½ cup per serving
- melt kerry gold butter, pour over broccoli
This is really simple, and really fast. But, as a college Senior, running around like a chicken with my head cut off it keeps me healthy and happy!
Of course don’t forget to treat yo-self with a good dessert every once in awhile either!
Our thoughts have been with those affected by hurricane Harvey and hurricane Irma. Stay strong, and if you’re able to please evacuate.
YAS BEN YAS