FREE SHIPPING ON ALL U.S. ORDERS $50+

Let’s do this.

May 20, 2016

Yo, I don’t know about you but summertime is making me second guess how ready for summer I am. I’m about 73% sure I had the motto of, “fitness whole pizza in my mouth” rather than, “I’m all about that fitness.” 

image

But, that’s besides the point because honestly working out is like only 30% of the battle… the other 70% is what you inhale eat

image

(the picture won’t do the drink justice, So i opted for the GIF) 

Blueberry Muffin Smoothie (via: iowagirleats.com

directions: add ingredients listed below in order, then blend until very smooth (about 2 minutes) 

- ½ cup milk 

- 4-6 oz. vanilla Greek Yogurt 

- ½ cup Frozen Blueberries

- ½ cup Frozen banana (or a whole one, if you like a sweeter smoothie)

- ¼ cup raw, uncooked GF oats (gluten free)

- ½ cup ice cubes 

Honestly, I am a girl that can’t eat a heavy breakfast because I’m usually on the go and need something that will give me energy to push through, and smoothies always knock it out of the park! 

Lunch time! (via: gimmedelicious.com)

**If you do not have grilled chicken on hand, grill or sear 2 chicken breasts for 10 minutes then slice into thin strips**

Ingredients:

- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken

- ½ cup Mexican cheese blend (or mozzarella)

- 1 avocado diced (or skip this is allergic!)

- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped

- 4 large tortillas

- 1 tablespoon oil

Instructions:

- mix: chicken, cheese, cilantro, and diced avocado 

- lay tortilla flat on a plate and add ¼ of the mixture, form a roll. repeat this process for the rest of the tortillas 

- pour the tablespoon of oil into a heated pan or griddle. place all four tortillas on the pan and cook for 2 minutes on medium-high heat. FLIP. and cook for another 2 minutes or until the burritos are a golden color. 

**Burritos can be frozen cooked or uncooked for up to 3 months** 

image

After lunch is over and the sun begins to set, I personally like to go on a run and end the night with some chicken and Broccoli. 

DINNER TIME 

Ingredients:

- 1 ¼ cup of freshly cut broccoli 

- 1 tablespoon of Kerry Gold Butter

- 1 Chicken breast / 1 tablespoon of raspberry salad dressing (yum)

- Uncle bens minute rice (brown rice) 

Instructions

- grill or sear chicken breast for 10 minutes, if you don’t have any readily available 

- steam your broccoli however you like, I’m in college and choose the frozen packages that I can toss in the microwave and then split my servings

- Follow instructions of the Uncle Ben’s minute rice, ½ cup per serving

- melt kerry gold butter, pour over broccoli

This is really simple, and really fast. But, as a college Senior, running around like a chicken with my head cut off it keeps me healthy and happy! 


Of course don’t forget to treat yo-self with a good dessert every once in awhile either! 




Leave a comment


Also in THE EFFIN BLOG

By EFFIN SHOP

November 05, 2017

Continue Reading →

retrowar: Hurricane Irma Our thoughts have been with those...

September 06, 2017



retrowar:

Hurricane Irma

Our thoughts have been with those affected by hurricane Harvey and hurricane Irma. Stay strong, and if you’re able to please evacuate. 

xx,

A

Continue Reading →

"To the young people watching at home, don’t waste your time trying to be like anybody else, because..."

June 12, 2017

To the young people watching at home, don’t waste your time trying to be like anybody else, because the things that make you strange are the things that make you powerful.

- Ben Platt (via raybansandcoffee)

YAS BEN YAS

Continue Reading →